Steve talks about the word tempted this week, as he examines the story of Jesus in the wilderness, from the gospel of Luke (Luke 4:1-13.) Here are some ideas to engage your child before, during and after worship.
- Can you draw a picture of Jesus in the wilderness?
- Draw something that tempts you.
- How many times do you hear the words tempted, tempt, or temptation in the sermon? (Show your young child how to make tally marks.)
Before or after worship….
- Talk about things that tempt you or your child. (Doughnuts that are “for later.” Something that belongs to someone else, that you want.)
- In the Lord’s Prayer we pray: “lead us not into temptation.” Can you and your child put that into your own words? Maybe something like: “God, please help me know what is right and wrong and be able to do what is right.”
- Older children might like this version of the story of the temptation of Jesus.