Join us in worship on Sunday where Steve will reflect on the word GO. The sermon passage is Matthew 28:16-20, where Jesus gives the disciples what we call “the great commission.” Go, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you….” The Old Testament reading, from Genesis 12:1-3, is God telling Abram to “Go.” The Bible is full of stories of God calling people to pick up and Go!
- At 11:00 we will ordain and install new officers in the church. Talk with your child about how these adults and youth have heard God say to them “Go” and are answering that call! We ordain by laying hands on the new officers. This is a powerful image of God’s call, and one that makes an impression on children.
- Check in the worship bags for a Worship Word sheet for your child. Fill in the worship word at the top (Go) and add the date and your child’s name. Below is space for your child to draw something he or she hears today in the sermon, in the music, or in a prayer.
- Below the drawing space, your child is invited to make tally marks every time they hear the word “Go.”
- On the back is a blank page for your child to make some worship art. Encourage them to draw something related to worship as a gift to God. I would love to see what they create, if they want to share!
Before or after worship…..
- Learn some sign language for Go. Find a video that shows how to sign the word “Go here.
- Make a list of all the places your family will Go this summer. Camp? The beach? Family reunions? The pool? The farmer’s market? Then talk with your child about how God GOES with us wherever we GO. How can we remember that? And how can we share God’s love with other people wherever we GO?
- Remember that next Sunday we begin our summer schedule: no Sunday School for children. Worship in Sanctuary and Celebrate at 10:00 am.
- Have you registered for Vacation Bible School yet??
Check out our website, and our Facebook page to learn about all our activities for Children and Families here. Start here.