This week in worship we consider the word SANCTIFICATION. The New Testament reading is from 2 Thessalonians 2:13-17. Sanctification is the process of growing in grace, responding to God’s gift of salvation by following Jesus. It’s what we do, as we seek to respond to what God has already done in Christ.
Here are some ideas to explore with your child before, during, and after worship.
- Check out the worship bulletin notes in the margins. There is a Children’s Note each week.
- Check in the worship bags for a Worship Word sheet for your child. Fill in the worship word at the top (sanctification) and add the date and your child’s name. Below is space for your child to draw something he or she hears today in the sermon, in the music, or in a prayer.
- Below the drawing space, your child is invited to make tally marks every time they hear the worship word.
- On the back is a blank page for your child to make some worship art. Encourage them to draw something related to worship as a gift to God. I would love to see what they create, if they want to share!
Before or after worship…..
- We will take a brief break from considering the Word of the day, to prepare for a focus on the monthly Sunday School words beginning in September. In the meantime, enjoy an archived article about young children and worship, below.
- Worshiping with Children
Finally, check out our website, and our Facebook page to learn about all our activities for Children and Families here. Start here.