16 So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. 17For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, 18because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal.
5For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
Here are some ideas to explore with your child before, during, and after worship.
- Check out the worship bulletin notes in the margins. There is a Children’s Note each week.
- Check in the worship bags for a Worship Word sheet for your child. Fill in the worship word at the top (renewed) and add the date and your child’s name. Below is space for your child to draw something he or she hears today in the sermon, in the music, or in a prayer.
- Below the drawing space, your child is invited to make tally marks every time they hear the worship word.
- On the back is a blank page for your child to make some worship art. Encourage them to draw something related to worship as a gift to God. I would love to see what they create, if they want to share!
Before or after worship…..
- We are taking a brief break from considering the Word of the day, to prepare for a focus on the monthly Sunday School words beginning in September. In the meantime, enjoy an article to read as we prepare to move back to our regular worship schedule.
- Singing with your Child in the Sanctuary
- Remember that Sunday School starts next week at 9:45 am. Have you registered your child yet?
Finally, check out our website, and our Facebook page to learn about all our activities for Children and Families here. Start here.